Sunday, October 12, 2008

Sri Kalahasti-Part 2


TPTY-MAS Sapthagiri Express pulls into Renigunta from Tirupati.


Nishant and Ramkarthik at Renigunta Junction.


Kanya Kumari-Jammu Himsagar Express pulls into Renigunta.


Look who is shunting. WAP-4!

WAP-4#22318 was shunting. I wonder how they can use Passenger dedicated superfast locomotives to do shunting?




Surprisingly, Himsagar was attended more quickly unlike Dadar Superfast. WAP-4#22318 attached a tanker to the rake.


Unsung hero of the Indian Railways. There are lot of people similar to the man in the picture who toil all night for the safety of lakhs of passengers travelling in Indian Railways.


Parcels were loaded and sealed. It was written RU-BZA.


WDM-3D#11115 was spotted at Renigunta. I took this pic taking some risk.

I was surprised to find a WDM-there. The joke was that the 3D stopped for fire. Maybe it's because its diesel tank is below and it would catch fire? The service staffs were busy burning the wastes near the tracks. Later, some officer came and blasted at them. Very soon the fire was extinguished. But the joke was that even such a big engine was afraid to cross fire.

Wastes were being burnt on the tracks. The senior officer came and blasted heavily at the service staffs. The WDM-3D stood for a long time and it moved towards me with the "Red Markers" switched ON. I took this pic as if pretending to adjust my shoes.










BZA WAM-4#21356 was to haul TPTY-PURI Express.


Himsagar Express came with WAP-4#22218. A mik tanker was later attached. WAP-4#22358 was shunting it. I was shocked. But atleast it had a job, unlike me. I was really jealous of WAP-4. Phew! I asked Ram Karthik, "Where's Puri da?". Ram Karthik cracked mokka jokes,"Inside your stomach". He cracked such jokes throughout the trip. BZA WAM-4#21356 was the power for our TPTY-PURI express. By seeing the coach condition, we wondered whether the rake would go to Puri in good shape. The door space was slightly less. The coach was dirty. I could see many garments tied to the windows.


This BZA WAM-4#21356 was a good performer in Nishant's opinion. Better than the WAP-1#22005. Maybe the reason is that the Puri Express is some 15 coaches long. WAM-4 simply made a meal of it. Are SCR drivers aggressive? I saw some brutal acceleration and aggressive braking. I can even get a smell due to brake shoes exerting force on wheel. We found a WAG-9 at the outer. We were doing great speeds soon. I could see SCR boards even beyond railway lines. Is that indicate that the railway territory is extended? Maybe SCR is interested in tripling? There was too much of dust. Already my face was having all sort of materials during the earlier train ride, now it was even worse. The weather was very hot. The wind was strong and hot. Dust everywhere as WAM-4 ripped through the telugu desam. Suddenly, I felt something hot on my neck. I immediately looked up to check if there was any crow. Later only I found out that a person has poured sambar over me and also on my bag. Ram Karthik's jeans pant was in the same state. But Nishant escaped! That person started talking with RK in Oriya. It was loads of fun to watch RK listening to him and simply shaking his heads. We didn't know whether he was apologizing or threatening us. Funny.









Kannapar donating his eyes to the God.


We got down at Kalahasti and boarded an auto. It cost Rs.30 to the temple from the railway station. We proceeded into the temple directly. But later we were requested to keep our bags outside. We kept it in a cloak room for Rs.20. We stood in queue to watch Padala Pillaiyar. Pillaiyar was lying atleast 50 feet below. I am not sure of the depth but at least two floors down. Ram Karthik daringly took a snap of the Pillaiyar. However, someone's head destroyed everything. But Ram Karthik cropped the image later on. It was adventurous! We crept down a passage and climbed down stairs. Interesting right? Only 10 persons were allowed at a time.







Lord Vishnu giving away His sister Parvati to Lord Shiva as Lord Brahma performs the rituals. Sadly, I have no sister.



I didn't take snaps of garbha grahams as I feel it shouldn't be done. But I like drawings. Especially the ones with story lines. I got critical of God slightly. The reason is a poignant tale. Generally in a temple you can find Lord Shiva, Mother Parvati together or in separate sannidhi's(rooms). You can find Vinayagar and even Murugan. A special sannidhi to Perumal too who is like a brother in law to Shiva. Gods are always found to be together? But I cannot understand onething. Why should a man quit his family including his mother, father and wife and come as a brahmachari and live alone as a celibate? Maybe time will answer the question.
















Video taken by Ram Karthik Seshadri.

-Continued in Part III.

No comments: