Saturday, November 22, 2008

Sadhuragiri-Part 6


Sundara Mahalingam.

Sadly, I witnessed something that disturbed me quite a lot and led even to depression, which lasted for long hours. Ramesh and myself reached had climbed down fast and we were the first to reach the entrance. We went to a small shop to have "Color"-Miranda. As I took a sip of Miranda, I noticed that a goat was standing. Water was poured over its head and some "kungumam" was kept on its forehead. I knew what was going to happen. Even as I saw, that guy started cutting its head with a knife without any mercy. It was a gory scene. I am not a sensitive person. But sometimes I am one. I felt ashamed of myself. I couldn't save that animal.

For a while, I gathered all my emotions and felt like throwing my wallet money at him asking him to stop this gruesome sin in the name of God. I felt ashamed. Lord Krishna came and saved Draupadi at the right time. But this Krishna stood and watched helplessly similar to the Pandavas as justice and human values were disrobed. When truth and justice aren’t valued, the society fails.



Twin Lingams otherwise known as Erattai Lingam. Pic taken by Senthil.

It brought back memories of my childhood days where I use to play with dogs, cats, goats, cows, and mongooses. I took immense pleasure in giving food to them and also giving them nicknames. For people like me who haven’t got any siblings, all these animals, WAP-4’s, WDM-2’s are like siblings. Sadly, nothing is permanent in this world. I really couldn’t understand why they kill animals in the name of God? God has created everything! He is the all-omnipresent reality. He never asked for anything. He has the power to create anything. I would have forgiven that guy if he had cut the goat for his breakfast/lunch, but this was ridiculous.


Sandhana Mahalingam. Pic taken by Senthil before he started down.



Pilavatik Karuppar Saami. Pic taken by Senthil.



Vana Durgai, pic taken by Senthil at Sadhuraigiri. Thanks for sharing the photos with me Senthil(if you reading this report).

Nishant, Ramesh and myself had cool drinks at the foothills! We started off in an auto towards Sri Villiputtur(SVPR) Temple. We had a nice darshan of Andal and Vadapadrasayanar at SVPR temple. We also saw Andal Nandhavanam the place from which Pei Azhwar picked up Andal under a tulsi plant. We also saw the well in which Andal was believed to have seen her reflection with Perumal’s garland.

To read more about such stories, you can visit my other blogs:-

www.krishnaanswers.blogspot.com



Entrance of Ninra Narayana Perumal Temple.

From Andal temple we boarded an auto to reach SVPR railway station. We were to board WDP-3A hauled Sengottai-Madurai Passenger till Sivakasi. I doorplated this train till Sivakasi. We got down at Sivakasi, as we decided to have our lunch here. Everyone had meals, but Nishant and myself had Tiffin. I settled down with Paratha while Nishant preferred Masala Dosas. Soon we set off to Tiruttangal. Here we saw Ninra Narayana Perumal. Excellent.




We then started to Madurai in an evening passenger. It was hauled by WDM-2#17699 LHF and it was bang on time. The temple authorities told that the train was generally late and even asked us to spend more time at the temple. But Aravind didn't take risk. He suggested that leaving to Madurai would be a better option. As he predicted the passenger train wasn't late! It came on time. If we had missed it, then we may have to board a bus and the journey could be too tiring especially during the busy evening hours.

At Tirutangal station, the platform height was too low. As the WDM-2 crossed me, I looked very puny. I felt like Arjuna watching the Viraat Swaroop of the Almighty. WDM-2 was too majestic and divine! I could see almost everything in the WDM-2. WDM-2A, WDM-3D, WDM-3A, WDG-3A, WDM-4. A flash of radiance and all Gods were visible. Like that, many locos appeared in my imagination. WDM-2 was showing its "Viswa Roopam". I was happy that I got the divine eyes to see the Loco’s awesome cosmic form. I could feel the heat of the engine. FIRE! I could see the headlights. It appeared endless as the skies. SKY! I could see the radiators filled with water. WATER! I felt the breeze as it passed me. AIR! I could see its wheels making sounds as it came towards the platform. LAND! AIR, WATER, FIRE, LAND and SKY. As it neared me the radiance of light become too high and grew higher and higher and it was endless. I felt humbled.


MDU-SCT Passenger leaving SVPR.

I door plated for a while. Thankfully, I got a seat as Aravind offered his window seat and went to the door. We reached Madurai around 19:30hrs. We immediately set off to Koodal Azhagar temple. We had a good darshan of the deity. Then we climbed on top of the temple gopuram to see a view of Madurai. Then we went to Murugan Idli shop to buy dinner. We decided to have dinner in train! We also had “Jikiridhanta”, famous for Madurai. It is actually a mixture of Badam milk, sugar and ice cream. Excellent!

We reached Madurai station at 20:30hrs. We were to return by Pandian Express. S10 was our coach. Ramkarthik and myself settled in for Side Upper and Side lower berth. I owe a lot of RK for allowing me to use Side lower berth. RK wasn’t just happy for many reasons. The Side Middle berth especially. And also there wasn’t any water coming in the taps. WDP-4#20059 LHF was our power. There was a middle-aged person with some extra pounds on the Side Middle Berth. I wondered whether I would be safe lying down. I forced Ramkarthik(RK) to take Side Upper and I settled in Side Lower. I listened to music as my train proceeded towards Chennai. I was awake till Tiruchi-while rest of the gang went to sleep. Both during UP and DOWN trips, we were in separate coaches as we had booked our tickets in tatkal as we felt that we won't be getting leaves by our higher authorities. It was a big surprise-as I thought that this trip was unlikely even a week before.

The run between Madurai and Tiruchi was good. I felt that WDP-4 could have done better. Rameshwaram-Chennai Boat Mail was made to wait at Tiruchi outer, while my train overtook that train near Tiruchi. I went to sleep and I woke up near Villupuram. My train was almost on time. I preferred to sleep and I got up here and there as my train blasted through darkness. I got up again at Ottivakkam and I stayed awake till the end of the run. We got down at Mambalam. My dog Damien gave me a suspicious look when I entered my house. I had no time. I refreshed myself and board D70 at Guindy report at my workplace. I returned only in the evening at 2100hrs!



-Krishna Kumar.S
a.k.a Junior KK

2 comments:

goooooood girl said...

your blog is feel good......

sendil said...

i saw my name mentioned many snaps.. thank you! also, abt the sharing of pics - u r most welcome dude! looking towards our next trip

rgds,
senthil