Saturday, July 23, 2011

My Thoughts-Random updates from my end

Got nearly 17 travelogues pending. It's been a month and I haven't moved out anywhere. There wasn't time even to update/modify grammatical errors in my travelogue. Planned to read about temples in a weekend and even that was not possible. Hopefully, when I get time next I must finish the long pending tasks of writing travelogues. Working as a developer in Indian service industry could be challenging and not many know about it. But I love my job.

* My ambition now is to work hard and save money for a DSLR camera. I don't want to use the money in my savings or ask my father. I must work with dedication in the righteous manner and save for the camera. Hopefully, during a lean period I could travel to Kumbakonam, Sirkazhi, Tirunangur, Thanjavur and Tiruchi again with my camera.

* The cost is my 26th birthday this time due to sudden work. I would be completing 25 years and I did celebrate the silver jubilee year in style traveling, working, interacting with various communities. I would be very busy this time for my birthday and it is likely to be a silent affair. It's disappointing that I can't sign off in a grand manner. But never know about the last minute surprises! I am no shy person, when it comes to birthday celebrations. I had been to my favourite temple at Madurantakam every time since 2009 on my birthday. This time it would be Bangalore and I would be celebrating it with my colleagues. It is disappointing that I can't be at Madurantakam for my birthday.

* I think considering the difficulties, occupational hazards, ill-luck I have faced in life, I think I have extracted the most from life to reach a stable situation all alone by myself. I know I could do better than this.
* I take immense pride of being a citizen of Tamilnadu. Am happy that I got a chance to visit few temples of Madurai, Tiruchi, Thanjavur, Kumbakonam, Kanchipuram and Mayavaram. I have seen only a few and the list is endless.The architecture of temples are fantastic, amazing, speachless and awesome. The sculptors who lived many thousand years ago had the vision to depict the Gods in idols. They are true architects. I was living life in a simple way, but I grew ambitious in my career to become an architect in software industry after visiting these temples. There is not much of difference between architects of temples and software. Both needs following qualities:

1. Complete ownership of the task and responsibility to deliver.
2. Aesthetic sense to imagine and create value-add's. Let it be a simple 'Kamadhenu' statue or a J2EE application.
3.  Purity in oneself. This reflects dedication. No one can create a Shiva idol, unless they enjoy visualizing the God. Most of all, one needs to be pure at heart to imagine God in mind and sense before taking his tools to shape the stone. Likewise, a software engineer needs to be pure in his thoughts too. Knowledge should be his priority. Onsite chances, money, H1B filling nor perks shouldn't be his priority.

This is what it takes to be an architect or a technical leader in any field. One should cultivate the habit of creating solutions. I know I lack this a bit. I am currently working on it.

When anyone visits any temple in any India, one should appreciate the architects first. They are the ones who were able to visualize God. Even God believed that they deserve a lot in life and hence appeared in their vision to allow them to create an image. What the architects saw in their divine vision is what appears as image and we see them today. We should be thankful to them. I take immense pride and motivation from the temples. Whatever I have done in software industry so far, is a tribute to the sculptors of temples of Madurai, Tiruchi, Kanchipuram, Kumbakonam and Mayavaram. I want to dedicate my achievements to them. I am motivated to create solutions from them by seeing their images and drawings on the walls of temples.

These temples have given me mental peace, happiness and satisifaction since childhood. I think now it is time to return the debt. I wanted to create a blog and share information with general public. This was done. But a website sounds more good ? I always dreamnt that I could create a website exclusively for temples sharing information about legends, its significance, sthala puranams, story of existence, good photos, its specialities and praise the presiding deity. I hope one day I would be a good software engineer who could design and architect the temple website building it from the scratch by deploying my own frameworks and database technologies. It involves a lot of complications, requires patience and most of all time. But it would be unfair on my part to betray the sculptors this honor.

At least to achieve this, I must succeed in my career. For my God at least.

It's been 25 years and I have traveled to quite a few places. It is time to show maturity. Considering the fact that I have lived with various linguistic groups, I have learnt a lot from them. Going forward, I must display character and honor all those who have created me. People should proudly say,''This man lived with me and he is my friend". I must develop patience and be kind to everyone even at times of high pressure. What is the use of seeing places when I can't develop the art of keeping myself in control ? I should prioritize values over monetary benefits. Whatever knowledge I have, I must share.

Hoping one day I would make my home state Tamilnadu proud...

Signing off,

Birthday boy.....
a.k.a Junior KK

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you are invited to follow my blog